- Ojai Community Demonstration Garden Volunteer Hands-To Work Party & Potluck: Saturday, February 9th – 10 am-3pm @ Ojai Community Garden
- Climate Action Buzz Mixer: Wednesday, February 13th– 5:30 -7 pm @ Farmer and the Cook, 315 N. Montgomery St.
- 8th Annual Ojai Seed & Plant Swap, Saturday, February 23 1- 4pm, Chaparral Auditorium, 414 E. Ojai Ave.
- Climate Resilient Landscape Design for Your Home and Our Unique Watershed: Saturday, March 9 10am-3pm. A workshop in the Community Demonstration Garden. Click Here (updated)
Ojai Earth Day: Saturday, April 20, 2019, 11am-4pm @ Libbey Park Click here
Calendar of Events
Since its inception, the Ojai Valley Green Coalition has been committed to educating and involving the community with public events designed to foster sustainability and a close connection with our environment. The following is our calendar of events that typically occur annually, though we offer a variety of other events throughout the year as well.
- E-Waste Collection and Recycling (January)
In association with Gold Coast Recycling and Transfer Station and the Ojai Valley Directory, not to mention countless volunteers, OVGC makes it possible for local residents and businesses to recycle their antiquated electronics and other hard-to-recycle items on a Saturday in January.
- Seed Swap (February 2019)
In association with Food for Thought Ojai (the school garden program), OVGC organizes a seed swap at Chaparral Auditorium, at which local gardeners and growers and their allies, from the Bee Club to The Farmer and the Cook, gather to meet and exchange seeds, strategies, and prepare for the coming of spring.
- Earth Day (April)
OVGC and its many partners organize an annual Earth Day celebration. This event brings together people in the community to appreciate our shared environment, with a variety of speakers, entertainment, interactive and demonstration activities, family fun and more.
- Green Living Tour (May)
OVGH hosts an annual Green Living Tour in May. In 2019, it will likely be in the fall instead. Visitors learn the latest in green building techniques and sustainable lifestyle alternatives.
- Creek Cleanup (September)
OVGC sponsors a creek clean-up. Often this falls in conjunction with the international coastal clean-up day, which is usually scheduled for the third Saturday of the month.
- Ojai Day (October)
At this fun community event, OVGC hosts a bike valet and in recent years added an Electric Vehicle showcase.
- Ojai Valley Film Festival (November)
The Ojai Film Festival takes place during the first week of November, and OVGC co-sponsors an environmentally themed film and a panel discussion.
- Salon Series (Year Round)
An engaging and lively group discussion and sharing on a theme from the natural world.
We hope that you can join us! Be sure and sign up for our newsletter or follow us on Facebook for event notifications.