Job Title: Executive Director
Job Position: Part-time employee, approximately 20 hours per week with an opportunity for growth. $2000/month salary paid monthly.
Mission: The mission of the Ojai Valley Green Coalition (OVGC) is to advance a green, sustainable, and resilient Ojai Valley through collaboration with community stakeholders.
Summary: The Executive Director (ED) is responsible for advancing the mission of the organization through collaboration with community stakeholders. OVGC is a small but growing non-profit with an active Board. The ED provides leadership to the organizational priorities, represents the organization in the community, and secures funding from various sources. This position reports to the OVGC President and Board of Directors.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Work closely with the Board to develop strategies to achieve the organization’s mission
- Oversee programs and events in alignment with the organization’s strategic priorities
- Develop good working relationships with community stakeholders
- Build and maintain Board involvement in key focus areas
- Ensure systems are in place for effective communication among the Board, program area chairs, administrative committees, and other volunteers
- Regularly evaluate the organization’s effectiveness and communicate progress to the Board, funders, and other constituents
- Deepen and refine the organization’s communications and online presence to strengthen the brand of OVGC
- Lead fundraising efforts to meet annual revenue goals; provide grant reporting to funders
- Work with the Board, Treasurer, legal counsel, and CPA representatives to ensure that the organization meets fiduciary and reporting obligations and standards
- Oversee operational systems for the organization, e.g. donor software, communications, promotion of events, reporting, etc.
- Responsible for managing staff and contract personnel
Knowledge and Skills:
- Minimum Bachelor of Science or Bachelor of Arts degree
- Cares about environmental issues and advancing sustainable solutions
- Ideal candidate is a strategic thinker, action-oriented, entrepreneurial, adaptable, has strong time-management skills, able to juggle multiple projects simultaneously, enjoys collaboration, has a positive attitude, and supports a culture that attracts and motivates quality people
- Ability to effectively engage and build good working relationships among a diverse group of stakeholders, including staff, board members, volunteers, funders, government agencies, other non-profits, and community members; develop well-functioning teams to achieve shared objectives
- Past success in setting and achieving strategic objectives and managing multidisciplinary projects
- Experience in organizational management preferred, creating and managing systems for smooth office operations, reporting, and record-keeping
- Comfortable working with external consultants, including legal and financial advisors
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Interest in strengthening a vital and evolving organization
- Ability to work some evenings and weekends
Please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline for application is February 15, 2018 or until position is filled.
Revised January 18, 2018