Restoring Nature with Regenerative Agriculture: Creating Resilient Farms, Landscapes and Communities
An evening presentation and panel discussion with Darren Doherty and John Roulac.
Thursday, Sept. 11 – 7:00 to 9:00 pm
Ojai Valley Woman’s Club – 441 E. Ojai Ave.
with support from The Ojai Foundation, Center for Regenerative Agriculture and Santa Barbara Permaculture Network.
Ojai is pleased to host Darren J. Doherty (left) and his Regrarians 2014 World Tour with a Thursday night community presentation and a regenerative agriculture professional development course at the Ojai Foundation.
Joining Darren Thursday will be John Roulac, founder and CEO of Nutiva,
speaking on the future of carbon farming. Learn about the direct link of climate change, oceans as a store house of carbon, acidification of oceans, and how organic farming and pasture systems store carbon in our soils.
Darren J. Doherty, Bendigo Farmer and Developer
Steve Bennett, Ojai Valley County Supervisor Representative
Mary Bergen, Ranch Manager and Avocado Grower
Connor Jones, Permaculture Farmer
WHAT IS A “REGRARIAN”?
Regrarian, a portmanteau of “Regenerative Agrarian”, is a term first coined by Darren J. Doherty in 2013 to describe those who are actively undertaking the serious & timely process of regenerating, restoring, rehabilitating, rehabitating, rekindling (etc.!) & rebooting healthy production landscapes across this planet.
1. CLIMATE – You, Enterprise, Risk, Weather
2. GEOGRAPHY – Landform, Components, Proximity
3. WATER – Storage, Earthworks, Harvesting, Reticulation
4. ACCESS – Roads, Tracks, Trails, Markets, Utilities, People
5. FORESTRY – Blocks, Shelter, Savannah, Orchards, Natural
6. BUILDINGS – Homes, Sheds, Portable, Yards
7. FENCING – Permanent, Electric, Cross, Living
8. SOILS – Planned Grazing, Minerals, Fertility, Crops
9. MARKETING – Analysis, Strategy, Value Chain
10. ENERGY – Photosynthesis, Generation, Storage