Solarize Ojai Valley is a three-month group purchasing program designed make going solar easier and more affordable for Ojai Valley homeowners. Solarize Ojai Valley (SOV) will be available through October 9, 2013. During this time, homeowners in the Ojai Valley can purchase solar installations at a set, discounted price.
Coalition member Carol Vesecky went solar in last year’s program – read her story.
If you’re ready for an estimate go to SolarizeOjai.org for the simple 5-minute application process. Within 48 hours of submitting the application, CEC will contact you to discuss the process and expectations. You can also get more information on the Solarize Facebook page.
Some homeowners find the process of getting multiple bids from solar installers to be time-consuming and confusing. This program eliminates much of that hassle and legwork by locking in a set price for all participants and offering an objective third party assessment of the installer.
Solarize Ojai Valley also includes leasing options so that homeowners can switch to solar with little to nothing down. Leases are great options for homeowners who do not have the ability to pay the upfront costs of rooftop panels. Anyone paying around $100 a month for electricity should look at a solar lease as a way to lower their bills immediately.
With CEC and the Coalition acting as liaisons between the installer and local residents, Solarize Ojai Valley offers benefits to local residents by:
• reducing the costs of solar through community group-purchasing programs
• more affordable pricing than individual purchases
• simplifying the contractor selection process
• ensuring quality installations and service
• increasing the amount of renewable energy in Ventura County
In order to participate, Solarize Ojai Valley participants must:
• live within the service territory (Ojai Valley which includes Ojai, Mira Monte, Meiners Oaks, Oak View and surrounding unincorporated areas)
• own a home that is suitable for solar installation
• sign a contract with the pre-qualified installer between July 9 and October 9, 2013
In addition to getting a discounted price for solar power, Solarize Ojai participants will be helping to support OVGC’s and CEC’s missions. Included in the purchase price is a small one-time fee ($0.20 per installed watt) that is based on the size of the solar installation and will be paid by California Solar Electric directly to OVGC and CEC. This fee will help both organizations continue to promote renewable energy and be self-sustaining, with no additional cost to the homeowner.